The BOSSBRIDGE for Bang & Olufsen is an IR to Bluetooth converter, designed to allow a BEO4/5 remote control a PS3 system.
Using a BOSSBRIDGE will allow you to fully control Blu-ray/DVD and Vidzone playback, including powering on/off the PS3.
As Blu-ray becomes more and more popular, and as the PS3 is one of the best Blu-ray players on the market, the lack of IR support on the PS3 has become a frustrating problem for many Bang & Olufsen owner, wishing to use a PS3 for Blu-ray playback.
Now finally the problem is solved by the BOSSBRIDGE. An easy to use IR to Bluetooth converter for the PS3. No configuration it needed, just add the BOSSBRIDGE device to your Bang & Olufsen remote control (or any other universal remote) and it is ready for use.
The BOSSBRIDGE kit includes everything you need: The BOSSBRIDGE IR to Bluetooth converter, a DC adaptor, a jack-cable and a quick-start guide. The jack-cable is connected between the BOSSBRIDGE and the PUC-out on a Bang & Olufsen TV, when using a Beo4. Beo5 can, by using the XML-file, transmit IR codes directly to BOSSBRIDGE.Download Quickstart GuideDownload XML fil for BEO5
Download Comparision Matrx for BOSSBRIDGE vs. IR dongles
BOSSBRIDGE main features
- Full Blu-ray/DVD and Vidzone playback control of PS3
- Power on / off control of the PS3
- High sensitivity internal IR receiver, plasma and LCD friendly
- Support for external IR receiver and IR distribution systems
- Advanced IR repeater mode for setting up local IR distribution
- Supports multiple power sources: DC-adaptor, USB or battery
- Low-power mode for extended battery life
- Low-battery indicator
- Power-state sensing of the PS3 via USB connector
- Discrete activity LED for user feedback
- Configurable IR device code to avoid conflicts between BOSSBRIDGE and existing
- Customizable macros (incl. predefined power-off macro)
- Auto-pairing mode for Bluetooth connectivity
- Fully firmware/BT-firmware upgradeable for future functionality
- Driverless USB connection for advanced configuration through multilingual PC-
- Innovative casing design, allowing for easy change of batteries and flexible placement
- Power-on / off control of the PS3
The BOSSBRIDGE allows for complete control of the PS3, including power-on, power-off and full Blu-ray/DVD Vidzone playback control. It uses the same Bluetooth radio module as the original Sony Blu-ray remote, allowing control of the PS3 exactly as the original remote, with full compatibility.
Advanced configuration options
The BOSSBRIDGE is ready to use out of the box, but it also offers several advanced configuration options.
By connecting the BOSSBRIDGE to a PC through a USB port (no USB drivers required), it is possible to configure the BOSSBRIDGE using the accompanying software. The software allows for configuring custom macros, modify LED activity, toggle between internal or external IR receiver and also specify custom IR Device code to avoid conflicts with existing equipment.
Multiple power sources
Low power consumption is a key feature of the BOSSBRIDGE. It is designed with low power consumption in mind, making it possible to run on a single pair of "AA/LR6" batteries (Battery lifetime under normal usage is up to 1 year).
The low power usage is also a plus when using an external DC power-supply considering standby power and waste of energy.
When using a BOSSBRIDGE with Bang & Olufsen equipment and fixed installations in general, it's recommended to use the accompanying DC-adaptor. The adaptor is certified for the latest EU requirements, and the total active energy usage, when running 24/7/365 is 5kWh per year (less than 1 Euro).
The BOSSBRIDGE has a built-in high-sensitivity Plasma/LCD friendly IR receiver, but it also allows for the use of an external IR receiver for those who wish to use the BOSSBRIDGE in a hidden/permanent installation.
For Bang & Olufsen setups the accompanying jack-cable is connected between the PUC-output on the TV and the BOSSBRIDGE, when a Beo4 remote control is used.
The support for firmware upgrades ensures that any future changes to the PS3 will not cause problems. The firmware upgrade feature also allows for future improvements to be implemented, and made available through a software update.
The BOSSBRIDGE is easy to setup and only needs to be paired with a PS3 and connected to a B&O TV before it is ready for use. The exact procedure is explained in detail in the quick-start guide.
For PUC codes check for Sony PS3 RE-BL on Bang & Olufsens intranet under ”Service Tool”.